List Of State Bank Of India ifsc code and address of all bank branches in india Find Verified IFSC/MICR code .
State Bank Of India IFSC Code & Details:
State Bank of India is a multinational public sector banking institution that was established on July 1, 1955. It has its headquarters in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is considered as the largest and oldest commercial bank of India. The bank provides efficient services worldwide and even offers banking schemes and products for the non-residential Indian or the NRIs. The State Bank of India aims at transforming India into a developed state by providing its services. They provide simple and innovative financial solutions and assistance. It has more than 20,000 branches worldwide.
The bank has been involved in non-profit services for a long time. It aims at providing such financial assistance to its customers so that they can make huge profits. It works on the basic principles of commercial banking just like other commercial banks. However, the basic difference between State Bank of India and other commercial banks is that SBI’s objective is to take into consideration the financial requirements of cooperative institutions and small scale industries, especially in the rural areas. It tries to respond in a liberal manner to these requirements.
The main objectives of the bank are as follows:
- It aims at providing financial assistance to the small scale and cottage industries.
- To function in accordance with the economic policies formulated by the government.
- It encourages and mobilises savings by establishing branches in rural and semi-urban areas.
The functions of the State Bank of India include:
- It acts as an agent of the Reserve Bank of India and provides the services where Reserve Bank is not present on its behalf.
- The bank even buys gold and silver.
- It also acts as an agent of the cooperative banks.
- It draws the bill of exchange and grants letters of credit payable out of India.
The State Bank of India has actively sponsored and taken part in the welfare activities of the country so that it could play an active role in the progress of the country.
State wise list of all State Bank Of India branches
The following are the states, where State Bank Of India has branch / branches. Select an individual state link to view list of districts, where this bank has branch / branches.